Abe: Where Good Friends Dine - The Filipino Rambler

Updates

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Abe: Where Good Friends Dine

My balikbayan chum Myla came to meet us last Friday. It was sort of a reunion and pre- Vday celebration for us N4 ( that's how we call our group). Dulce and Celeste were there, and I tagged along my good bud Chito to dine with us. Blyth (another member of our group) is on her way to Mt. Pulag that night and missed the dinner.

We decided to try Abe (pronounced ah-beh) Restaurant at Megamall. Abe serves Filipino cuisine with a strong Capampangan accent. 

Here's what we ordered:

Gambas al Ajillo// P330
Spanish-styled shelled shrimps in virgin olive oil and garlic 

Spicy Sisig Pampanga// P195
Minced pork jowl and chicken livers sauteed in garlic, spices and chilies 

Betute//P325
Farm frog stuffed with minced pork, garlic and spices

Crispy Tadyang "D' Original"// P515
Marinated beef ribs deep-fried to delicious crispiness

 Lumpiang Pica pica// P145

 Green Mango Shake

Us. Insert Blyth here. Ahihihi.

We all loved the Crispy Tadyang. A must order in this resto. The Gambas- I love! The sisig was so-so for me.

Chito and I raved for Betute. I have tried crispy-fried frogs in other Chinese restaurants, but the stuffed farm frog of the Kapampangans was deliciously flavorful! 

While I loved the food, I thought the servings were really small. Imagine, P325 for 2 pieces of farm frogs?! :)

I wished we ordered grilled and stews on their menu. I would have wanted to try Arobung Kamaru- but my friends were hesitant to taste rice field crickets. Prolly on my next visit.

We all know that Kapampangans are one of the best cooks in the world- you'll never go wrong in dining here. Good food, great atmosphere. And yes, it's where good friends dine. Mangan! :)

**
Let's connect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Pages